Who we are and what we do
JMA Network Ltd is a recruitment agency working in accordance with the Conduct of Employment Agencies Act 2003. Information submitted to us may be shared with clients and candidates for the purpose of placing people into new employment. When a potential job match has been identified, candidates will be contacted directly to discuss the role in detail. Should they decide to proceed, we will forward their CV to our client, ensuring that personal contact details have been removed. In this way, we will act as agent for client and candidate in regards to each job role applied for and seek to manage the selection process accordingly.
JMA Network will remain responsible for the management and security of Personal Information that you submit. We take data protection very seriously and understand the importance of protecting your privacy and Personal Information. “Personal Information” is information that identifies individual such as your name, employer, email address, and the career history, or CV, or vacancy details that you choose to provide to us. We perform regular and comprehensive data audits and hold the opinion that we have all legal and technical measures in place to comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations.
How do we collect information from you?
What Personal Information do we collect?
Personal Information we collect about you may include the following:
- General identification and contact information: your name; address; email; telephone details; employer; job title; responsibilities; gender; marital status; family status; place of birth; physical attributes including photos.
- Information enabling us to provide products and services: age, location, whether or not you hold a driving licence, that enable identification of job search (for example, post code or job role)
- Publically available information in relation to professional history: employer business activities; educational background; employment history; skills and experience; professional licenses and affiliations; educational and professional qualifications
We do not seek to ask for, or knowingly retain, sensitive personal information as defined by Articles 8, 9, 10 of the GDPR.
What legal basis do we rely on to process your Personal Information?
JMA Network processes your data with your consent. For example, we rely on consent when we send candidates’ personal details to our clients as part of the recruitment and employment process. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
- The processing is necessary to fulfil a contract
JMA Network may process your data when we need to do this to fulfil a contract with you, such as to send a CV for a specific job application.
- Legitimate Interest
JMA Network processes your data when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
Our legitimate interests include:
- ensuring the security and integrity of our services:
- selling and supplying services to our clients;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
- understanding our client and candidates’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing services and developing new services;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
- wherever processing is necessary because of a legal obligation that applies;
JMA Network may process your data to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations eg preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies
Who do we share your Personal Information with?
JMA Network may make Personal Information available to:
- Governmental authorities and third parties involved in court action
JMA Network may share Personal Information with governmental or other public authorities (including, but not limited to, workers’ compensation boards, courts, law enforcement, tax authorities and criminal investigations agencies); and third-party civil legal process participants and their accountants, auditors, lawyers and other advisors and representatives as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
(a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our group companies; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and that of our group companies, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
How do we use Personal Information?
We use Personal Information to do some or all of the following:
- Communicate with you as part of our business;
- Send you important information regarding changes to our policies, other terms and conditions, the JMA Network Website and other administrative information;
- Provide improved quality, training and security and manage other commercial risks;
- Carry out market research and analysis, including satisfaction surveys;
- Facilitate social media sharing functionality;
- Manage our infrastructure and business operations, and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to auditing; finance and accounting; billing and collections; IT systems; data and website hosting; business continuity; and records, document and print management;
- Resolve complaints, and handle requests for data access or correction;
- Comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws outside your country of residence), such as those relating to anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism; comply with legal process; and respond to requests from public and governmental authorities (including those outside your country of residence);
- Establish and defend legal rights; protect our operations or insurance business partners, our rights, privacy, safety or property, you or others; and pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
How can you manage or delete Personal Information?
When you send your personal data to JMA Network, we store some information about you on our secure database. This can only be viewed by our employees or authorised 3rd party technical support contractors.
Please note that JMA Network reserves the right to remove personal details and CV’s from our database at any time, and in particular, information that we deem redundant or includes any content that we consider to be illegal or offensive.
If you would like to permanently remove your personal information, you can send an email to our Data Protection Officer (DPO) at [email protected] with the subject line “Permanently delete my information”.
Please do not forget to tell us who you are by supplying your full name. We will delete your personal information within 48 hours of receiving your request, except where we are compelled to retain all, or part of, the data in order to comply with:
- The Conduct Of Employment Agencies Act 2003.
- UK legislation relating to proof of an individual’s Right To Work in the UK.
- Requirements for record keeping expected by HMRC, Financial Auditors or Companies House.
JMA Network is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alterations, disclosure or destruction of information that we hold.
Our security measures include: –
- encryption of our services and data;
- review of our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures;
- restricting access of your personal information to JMA Network employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to contractual confidentiality and processing obligations. They may be disciplined or their contract terminated if they fail to meet these obligations; and
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
How long we will hold your Personal Information for?
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time
- the right to receive a copy of any personal data that we may hold about you ;
- the right to ask for your Personal Information to be deleted or to be moved to another provider. These are sometimes referred to as “Right to Erasure” or “Right to be Forgotten” and the “Right to Data Portability”.
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please send an email to our Data Protection Officer (DPO) at;
with the subject line “Subject Access Request”. Please give your full name and contact details and fully describe the scope of information that you require.
Children and minors
The services of JMA Network are not directed towards individuals under the age of eighteen (18) and we do not knowingly retain personal information supplied by children and minors. Any such data determined within our database will be deleted without notification.
Third Party Privacy Practices
Please note that although we require employers seeking to recruit staff, to agree to use the information made available solely for recruitment-related purposes, we do not control their use of any information that they have access to as part of receiving our services.
Who to contact about your Personal Information
If you have any questions about this policy or our use of your Personal Information you can email;
or write to;
The Data Protection Officer, JMA Network Ltd, Onega House, 112 Main Road, Sidcup, Kent. DA14 6NE.
If you do not think we are handling your Personal Information adequately, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Further information, including contact details, are available at https://ico.org.uk.